Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Shelfari: Play Book Tag: 2011 Best of the Year Challenge

Pick a Year Challenge - 2011

Last year, we introduced the "Long Book" Challenge which proved to be pretty popular.

This year, we are trying a new one.

The challenge is:

Pick any year you want and read one book per month (for a total of 12) from that year over the course of 2011.

Please use a single message (as well as replies to that message) to share your year choice, what books you think you might read, and what books you actually read.

Reviews should still be posted in our normal monthly review threads please. No need to post them here (unless you want to).

Some people have come up with creative modifications to this challenge. If you are using a modified version, please share your idea in your message.

Happy New Reading Year everyone!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auntie Nanuuq :

Save Changes Cancel
I had to go through many years...but I've settled on 1984. That was the year I became an adult (30)!

Funny I also looked at 2004 (I turned 50), but the books from that year don't interest me!

1. The Unbearable Lightness of Being Milan Kundera
2. Love Medicine Louise Erdrich
3. The Lover Marguerite Duras
4. The Pilgrim of Hate Ellis Peters
5. Of Love & Shadows Isabell Allende
6. Interstellar Pig William Sleator
7. Witches of Eastwick John Updike
8. Mistress Anne Carolly Erickson
9. Deadlock Sara Paretsky
10. Dead Man's Ransom Ellis Peters
11. The Ghostway Tony Hillerman
12. House on Mango Street Sandra Cisneros
Maybe/or
13. The Dirty Duck Martha Grimes
14. Tree of Hands Ruth Rendell
15. Proof Dick Francis

I will do my best to post my reviews here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment